Why come to Amsterdam for the True Stories conference?
- Learn how the media work in other countries.
- Connect with storytellers in journalism from other countries.
- Develop your own voice and style as a storyteller.
- Become aware of your own perspective. And maybe even chose a different one next time.
- Get inspired by some of the greatest journalistic projects within Europe.
Show & Tell evening 19 April – Pakhuis de Zwijger (doors open 19.00, begins 19.30 – until 22.00)
During this Show and Tell evening, you can watch and listen to work of nine of the Conference’s speakers. Listen to Kamil Baluk reading from his book (All of Louis’ Children), watch Gunnar Bergdahls film Tracks, or hear Christian Lerch’s award winning radio documentary Papa wir sind in Syrien (Papa we’re in Syria). Your host for the evening is radio journalist Saar Slegers. Show and Tell starts at 7.30 and ends at 10 pm.
Looking at the work of our speakers one theme sticks out: in one way or another, their subjects go ‘over the line’.
Anthology: Over the Line
We’ve selected some projects from the conference’s speakers to be presented in an online anthology: work that is narrative and journalistic, and that we hope will inspire you to go after your next story.
We’ll soon publish the original work with an explanation by the maker in our online anthology: Over the Line. Stay tuned….